The safety and well-being of students, faculty, and community members involved in service-learning opportunities are of paramount importance as we begin to re-open engagement with our community. The following guidance is provided to students, faculty, and community partners engaged in service-learning opportunities in the Fall 2020 semester.
- Community partners and faculty will need to plan for an abbreviated fall semester that would end any onsite service-learning activities by November 25th. Online / virtual work could continue after November 25th but no later than December 2nd.
- Signed student acknowledgement of risk forms will be required for all on-site, credit-bearing experiential education opportunities (incorporated into student learning contracts where utilized). A copy of the student form may be found at the bottom of this page.
- A signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is recommended from community partners to start on-site activities. A fillable MOU is available through the link at the bottom of this page. The MOU would need to be signed by the community partner first and then sent to Todd.Stoltzfus@uky.edu for processing and signature through the Provost's Office. The Stuckert Career Center will serve to archive all community partner MOUs.
- Community partners and faculty should have contingency plans in place to move students completely online if necessary.
- Community partners and faculty should allow students remote work options to the greatest extent possible.
- Community partners and students agree to adhere to published CDC workplace guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring one's health before arrival (temperature check as well as other symptoms) and stay at home if symptomatic or unwell;
- Wearing masks at all times;
- Maintaining social distancing;
- Washing hands immediately before, during, and after onsite visits.
- If, at any time, students feel unsafe to participate in a required service-learning experience, they will be allowed to opt out and every effort should be made by faculty to provide alternative learning opportunities
- If a student is potentially exposed to COVID-19 infection at their learning site, students should adhere to UK Healthcare guidelines.
- Please communicate any potential exposures to UK Health Corps at HealthCorps@uky.edu or 859-218-SAFE.
- Students participants in experiential learning opportunities agree to comply with all campus policies to coronavirus screening prior to reentering the physical campus.